Stony Point PD joins police around the county, state and nation in the "No Empty Chair" campaign. Each year teenage drivers are fatally injured or left with lifetime disabilities from motor vehicle crashes that are PREVENTABLE.
Regrettably, many of these crashes occur in the months preceding graduation. These incidents devastate the school population and negatively impact the local community. Please make responsible decisions as a passenger and/or a driver to ensure you are YOUR chair on graduation day. Enjoy this milestone with family and friends.
Additional patrols will be out this week and through the summer targeting:
· Monday, April 20, 2015 – Speeding in School Zones;
· Tuesday, April 21, 2015 – Seatbelts and Child Restraints;
· Wednesday, April 22, 2015 – Cell Phone Use and Texting;
· Thursday, April 23, 2015 – Graduated Driver License Provisions
· Friday, April 24, 2015 – Underage Drinking and Impaired Driving
Be in Your Chair for Prom and Graduation.